Join our mission to help children and families cope with cancer
Sponsor an Entire Coping Kit: $1500
Sponsor Half a Coping Kit: $750
Sponsor an Item in the Coping Kit: See below
What's included in every Coping Kit?
- Hospital Helper: $100
Large tote bag, small cooler, caribiner clips, men + women’s travel kit
- VISA Gift Card: $100
- Fuel + Fare for Family: $100
Gift cards for gas + DuPont cafeteria
- Creativity + Comfort: $100
Calendar, note cards, note book, pens, deck of cards, art supplies, blanket, pillow, chewing gum + mints
- Essentials: Toiletries, medication aids, sanitization items: $100
Toiletries, pill accessories, sanitization items, mini First Aid kit, digital thermometer
- On Hand Eats + Accessories: $100
Travel umbrella, adult sized socks, food/snacks, baseball hats
On June 28th, 2011 an Adopt a Pig volunteer delivered the first Coping Kit to a family whose child was recently diagnosed with cancer. They also delivered six more that day to kick off a bittersweet mission.
- iPads and iTunes gift cards to help kids and families stay connected & to entertain during countless hours spent in treatment.
- Gas cards to help with travel costs associated with frequent visits to the hospital.
- Cafeteria gift card to help offset food costs during hospital stays.
- Visa gift card to help with incidentals.
- Calendars to track appointments, follow-ups, and medications.
- Lint brush, mints, soft blanket, soft pillow for personal comfort during treatment.
- Thermometer, pill cutter, sunscreen, hand sanitizer, first aid kit, pill glide, soft tissues for medical care at home.
- Baseball hat, socks, toothpaste, shampoo and conditioner for personal care and comfort.
The total cost of each Coping Kit is $1,500. Since the launch of the Coping Kit program in June, 2011, every family at DuPont Hospital for Children has received a Coping Kit within one week of their child’s pediatric cancer diagnosis.
Adopt a Pig to help a child with cancer
In 13 hours alone, 75 piggy banks have been adopted...